Wednesday, December 11, 2019

13.04 - Dual Boot with Windows 8 UEFI - Ubuntu/GRUB Being Bypassed

I recently got a Dell Inspiron 13z with Windows 8. I decided to dual boot Ubuntu.



After install, it was booting straight into Ubuntu, with no GRUB menu showing up. No problem. I just ran boot repair and everything seemed to work fine. (Here's the output, btw: http://paste.ubuntu.com/5891478/)



Then I booted into Windows. Now I can't seem to get back into Ubuntu. I tried disabling Fast Boot by running REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power" /V HiberbootEnabled /T REG_dWORD /D 0 /F in PowerShell as Administrator. Even now, GRUB is still being bypassed somehow.



What should I do?



EDIT: I tried reinstalling GRUB by booting a LiveUSB and following this: https://superuser.com/questions/376470/how-to-reinstall-grub2-efi. Unfortunately, that didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...