Saturday, December 21, 2019

how to correctly configure nvidia GT-520MX on ubuntu 12.04?

I'm trying to be able ubuntu graphical effects and unity 3D with the video card in the title on my samsung np300e5a. They seem to run fine with a live cd or usb but they don't on a fresh install.



I initially didn't know that the video card actually was a double one (integrated intel+dedicated nvidia) with OPTIMUS technology, and Bumblebee was the official tool to make it work, so I installed the official sh script downloaded from the nvidia website. It didn't work, so I uninstalled it.



I tried to install bumblebee, but the result was a unbootable system. The only way to start it (without the graphics) is to run recovery mode and resume normal boot. When I try to run startx I get the error "fatal server error: no screens found".




Is there a way to to make my video card work properly on my ubuntu 12.04.2 (with graphical effects and 3D acceleration when needed)? I searched thoroughly the web and seems that other people with my same hardware can make it work, but for some reason, I can't...



if further infos or details about my system configuration or done operations are needed, I'm up to complete the description.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...