Sunday, December 29, 2019

14.04 - Installing Ubuntu on Macintosh PowerPC, no CD-drive, USB boot not working

I've got a Macintosh PowerPC G5 running on Mac OSX 10.4, it's a bit too old to upgrade to 10.5 and 10.4 doesn't have compatibility with much.



I decided to install Ubuntu instead, I have attempted to make a bootable USB install however it didn't boot through the USB and I wasn't able to access the boot priority because it required a password (this is a hand-me-down I decided to try and fix up).



I also burned a bootable CD installer however it turns out the CD-Drive on the PowerPC seems to have died off.




Is there any other method to get Ubuntu onto this Mac OS X 10.4 PowerPC? I tried installing rEFIt as was mentioned in other posts but apparently it's not compatible either.



Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks :)



ElĂ­as

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...