Sunday, December 29, 2019

How can I remove "Install This" from my ubuntu USB installation?

Can I run Ubuntu 12.04 LTS off my 4GB USB drive as its own native operating system with persistence enabled to save changes to the USB the same way that I do with Slax or other fully portable Linux distros?


How can I remove the "install this" icon in my current live Ubuntu USB installation? Can I run it fully portably without the icon wanting me to install it to the host computer?


I'm a Windows XP user, but I would like to switch to Ubuntu on an 8GB USB if it's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...