Friday, December 27, 2019

graphics - Radeon hybrid ATI Radeon card and fglrx problem - update OpenGL to 4.3

I have Lenovo G500H with Radeon HD8570M (and Intel) graphics card and my goal was to get OpenGL 4.+ version to be able to use double precision variables in shading language. Long story short, after reinstalling Ubuntu... 5 times? Now I am literally too scared to install any of fglrx driver, or AMD official update



Why? Because any time I do this, I get low graphics mode. When I use sudo apt-get install I can just remove these drivers and everything is back to normal. When I tried to uninstall the official AMD driver, best I got (after blank screen and graphics artifacts during starting OS) was broken gnome screen.




I also run Windows 7 (which I use for gaming), here I have newest Catalyst and when I play games the system uses the Radeon card, no problem here. So I don't think my Radeon card is broken.



Ehm - any ideas how I can update OpenGL WITHOUT having to reinstall Ubuntu again? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...