Saturday, December 21, 2019

wireless - How to debug wifi connection?



I am using Ubuntu's Network Manager to connect to a local wifi router. My problem is, that it often disconnects without any visible reason (router is on, internet connection seems to be working, wifi diodes are blinking). I mostly have to disable wifi from Network Manager, enable it again to get wifi connecting again.


Plus I am often experiencing Network Manager trying to connect to my wifi, trying several times but then giving up.


I even tried an external usb-wifi card, but with the very same results.


My question is:


How can I debug this? Which logs should I read to see what is really happening when all of these errors occur - so I can post them here and see how to proceed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...