Monday, December 30, 2019

dual boot - Install Ubuntu 18.04 alongside two Windows 10

My computer setup is:




  • 1- SSD 120GB

  • 1- HDD 320GB

  • 1- HDD 1TB




I have two partitions on SSD of Windows 10 (one for work, another for games/testing/whatever) and I want to install Ubuntu on my 320GB HDD.
However, Ubuntu installer doesn't recognize Windows.



I tried to select "More options" to make the partitions on my own but when installer start said "errno 5 input/output"
I redownloaded ISO, tried other pendrives and every USB connection of my PC but always the same error.



Is there anything I can do?







EDIT:



I managed to install Ubuntu on my 320GB hard drive but now GRUB is not detecting Windows10 partitions.



I tried to use Boot-repair but despite "successfully boot repaired", only Ubuntu appears in GRUB.



Here is a pastebin of Boot-repair log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/5KbYMRxqg9/





  • /sda (windows system partitions)


    • /sda1 Windows 10 Work partition

    • /sda2 Windows 10 Fun partition

    • /sda3 Windows Reserved Partition


  • /sdb (Storage)

  • /sdc (Ubuntu)



    • /sdc1 Ubuntu 18.04

    • /sdc2 /Boot (partition recommended by Boot-repair)




Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...