Tuesday, June 27, 2017

keyboard - How to reset administrative password without the use of a "p" key.

So I do not know my administrative password. I read up on how to reset it by clicking left shift after the BIOS page upon start up. going to the recovery option, then root, then doing mount -o rw, remount / but then I believe I must do passwrd to change the password, HOWEVER, my keyboard does not have a working "p" key.




Does any one know of an alternative way to reset the administrative password without the use of a 'p' key? If not, does anybody know of a clever way to utilize the letter 'p' in the command prompt without a working key?



Or perhaps anyone might know how to find out your password without having to change it at all? Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...