Monday, June 19, 2017

boot - Deleted Ubuntu partition and can't access Windows any more

I'm a Linux newbie.


I partitioned my HDD and managed to install Ubuntu 15.04 along with my pre-installed Windows 8.1, but when I tried it, it kept crashing and restarting by itself, so I decided to uninstall it to try a different distribution.


I basically deleted the partitions required for Ubuntu (home, swap and root) from Windows, but when I restarted the computer I couldn't boot Windows any more. All I can see is the GRUB2 prompt, and I have no idea how to boot Windows.


Is there something I can do to use my laptop once again? Do I have to reinstall Windows, or can I boot the old OS and access the partition?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...