Tuesday, June 20, 2017

updates - Unable to locate packages when installing from various repositories

I removed the https in some links on this post because I was only allowed to put two links in this post.



Hello everyone! I just joined the Ubuntu family and I am currently loving it! But sadly I have had some trouble when I try to install packages from repositories, been looking all over for a solution, but nothing has worked for me. Basically I do the standard procedure,



sudo add-apt-repository "repo name here"

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install "package name here"


I give you guys a more direct example with the log from when I tried to install MacBuntu.



sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/macbuntu




This PPA is dedicated to Macbuntu transformation pack for Ubuntu.
More info: https://launchpad.net/~noobslab/+archive/ubuntu/macbuntu
Press [ENTER] to continue or ctrl-c to cancel adding it
gpg: keyring `/tmp/tmpjb3pxpey/secring.gpg' created
gpg: keyring `/tmp/tmpjb3pxpey/pubring.gpg' created
gpg: requesting key F59EAE4D from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: /tmp/tmpjb3pxpey/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
gpg: key F59EAE4D: public key "Launchpad PPA for NoobsLab" imported
gpg: no ultimately trusted keys found
gpg: Total number processed: 1

gpg: imported: 1 (RSA: 1)
OK


I think this step is working normally, I believe something goes wrong in the following step.



sudo apt-get update


Returned these errors




sudo apt-get install macbuntu-os-icons-lts-v8



Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package macbuntu-os-icons-lts-v8



If anyone knows whats wrong I'd really appreciate some help! I checked MacBuntu's website to make sure the repository was still there and tried cleaning my apt-get cache. Don't know what else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...