Sunday, June 25, 2017

Issue while dual Booting Windows 7 Ultimate with Ubuntu 14.04.3

I am trying to dual boot my laptop which has Windows 7 Ultimate currently installed [ Not Licensed]. I'm following this link for the same -
How can I dual boot Windows and Ubuntu?



After I restart the system with the boot able disk plugged in, I get the option where to install Ubuntu or Try it, as I should. When I proceed with it, during the step where it is supposed to identify the already existing Windows 7 , it doesn't. It says, there's no existing OS on the system and then suggests to install Ubuntu completely or create other partitions.
I'm not sure why it happens, one of my guess is because it is not licensed. I want to dual boot it and not have just one of them. Any help as to what is causing this and what is the workable solution.
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...