Friday, June 30, 2017

graphics - How do I remove screen tearing in 16.04 with nvidia GTX 960 M?

My 16.04 installation suffers from quite bad screen tearing. If I drag a window, for example, sideways across the screen, it fragments so that the bottom of it is quite a bit behind the top, and when watching a video, the bottom of the screen is a few frames behind the top.



I've tried the solutions given in the following questions, but neither has helped, unfortunately:





My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M, I am using NVIDIA binary driver - version 361.42 from nvidia-361.




This problem was also present when I was running 15.10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...