Monday, June 19, 2017

software installation - Installing 32-bit libraries on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit

Basically simple question: is it possible to install 32-bit libraries on my 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 LTS box? I need to run an app which requires 32-bit support.


The information found on this forum is all about older versions, and I as not able to filter out all static.


If those libraries are still supported, how do I then get those installed on my box? So far what I tried only led to errors like "Package 'ia32-libs' has no installation candidate" or "Failed to fetch".

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...