Friday, June 23, 2017

Ubuntu 18.04 freezes at shutdown



I have just installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on my UX550VD ASUS laptop alongside Windows, dual boot, but when I am unable to shutdown or restart the machine and Ubuntu freezes when I try to shutdown from terminal or GUI and when I press ESC for more information on the error nothing happens and I am still stuck on ubuntu desktop.



Last year I had the exact same problem with Ubuntu 16.04 on another machine but removing windows and installing Ubuntu again solved my problem then.



I would be very grateful if you could help me :))



It turned out to be a problem with the graphic driver. Installing NVIDIA drivers solved the issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...