Sunday, June 25, 2017

system installation - Installing Ubuntu on a Mac with USB stick made on Windows/Ubuntu

I've been searching all over the internet with absolutely no luck, just how to triple boot, which doesn't help me at all.



I have a MacBook Pro (2007) and I attempted to upgrade the OS. It fails every time so I'm stuck in a loop, and cannot do anything about it.



My only other computers are my Windows box, and an Ubuntu box. Is there any way I can make a bootable USB stick of Ubuntu 14.04 to install Ubuntu onto this MacBook Pro? Or do I NEED to use a Mac to make the image?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...