Thursday, June 22, 2017

13.04 - Trouble with new Ubuntu 12.04 install

I had Ubuntu 13.04 in a dual boot setup with my Windows XP, but it didn't work properly, so I thought it would be good to install the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS version, but now this one doesn't work at all. Is it because Ubuntu 12.04 was installed after Ubuntu 13.04, or is there another problem?


What must I do to get Ubuntu 12.04 properly installed? While installing, the Ubuntu installer asked me to delete the 13.04 version and reinstall the 12.04. I agreed, was this wrong?


For my kids I need to have both Windows XP and Ubuntu. I just want to have a PC that doesn't break down all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...