Tuesday, December 31, 2019

installation - How to show GRUB after install Ubuntu over Windows 8?

I installed Windows 8 and after that I installed Ubuntu. This are my partition now:





  • 70Gb --> Windows 8

  • 50Gb --> Ubuntu 12.10

  • 100Mb --> UEFI

  • 300Mb --> Recovery



I installed the GRUB on /dev/sda. Then, after GRUB not showing up and booting directly into Windows 8, I turned the laptop off and booted again into Ubuntu LiveCD and ran the Boot-repair utility, it give me this information but it didn't solved the problem.



My Laptop still boots directly into Windows 8, without GRUB or Ubuntu even showing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...