Thursday, December 26, 2019

14.04 - Dual Boot: Ubuntu installation not detecting existing windows operating system

In my attempt to set up a dual boot system, by installing Ubuntu 14.04 onto my system with Windows 7, I have encountered a pretty stubborn problem.


I have loaded ubuntu into a bootable USB device.


When installing Ubuntu, whether through "try ubuntu w/o installing" or the other "install Ubuntu" option, Ubuntu never presents the "install alongside windows option".


The only two options that I have are the 1. erase all data and install ubuntu on drive and 2. do other stuff (display partitions)




Looking at posts by folks who have encountered this issue in the past, I have attempted some of the various suggested solutions.. without avail.


fixparts
remove dmraid


I have a boot repair log up:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7522909/


Any help would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...