Monday, December 30, 2019

package management - Creating a Custom ISO


I've got the OK at work to drop some Windows machines and install Ubuntu on them. I will be installing Precise on them, as it is an LTS. What I would like to do is create an ISO with certain packages removed, and others installed by default (to save me having to do the same steps on each machine).


What is considered the current best way to do this. I Vaguely remember using remastersys, but that was a couple of years ago, so am assuming that things may have changed since then! Most of the resources I can find online are from 2009/2010.


Advice would be greatly appreciated!



You can use remastersys to create a custom ISO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...