Sunday, December 22, 2019

14.04 - How do I clone my current Ubuntu system to an external HDD?

I've been using Ubuntu for a year now. I have re-installed my OS twice during this time. Hence losing my entire system data. (all packages, settings etc)



I would like to know if there is any way to clone the current state of my system to an external HDD so that in the case of hazard I can restore to that state. I've done similar stuff on windows using Norton Ghost.




It takes a lot of efforts to install all the required stuff all over again. Please guide me if there is any way possible.



Thanks!



System Details:
Ubuntu 14.04 (64-Bit)

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...