Wednesday, December 25, 2019

system installation - Lubuntu 14.04 cannot try Lubuntu without installing-error messages

I have Lubuntu 13.10 installed. Works great. I downloaded Lubuntu 14.04 and burned to disc.



To test I tried the option to try Lubuntu without installing.



I got several error messages which I did not understand.



The first error message contained the following:




"Kernel Panic-not syncing"



There were other error messages that followed plus a lot of codes.



Then the last error message contained the following:



"drm_kms_helper: panic occurred switching back to text console"



I had to cold reboot. Nothing worked. Computer completely froze including t




he keyboard, mouse and I could not even eject the disc until the cold reboot.



This did not happen with 13.10 which installed smoothly with no problems 6 months ago.



Sounds to me like a kernel problem although I would think it would work just to try Lubuntu without installing. I remember trying a pre-release Kubuntu 14.04 and I was able to try it without installing just fine.



Is there a fix or should I attempt to download the image again and re-burn to disc.



Please advise if possible. I was very suprised it did not work considering Lubuntu 13.10 and a pre-release Kubuntu 14.04 worked.




Thank you in advance for any assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...