Tuesday, December 31, 2019

bash - Pass arguments from file line by line to function

I have list of some mp3's:




song 1.mp3
song 2.mp3
.
.
.
song 349.mp3


I can see their bitrate via right mouse button -> Properties -> Audio/Video,
but also I can check it using the terminal command




file "song 1.mp3"


I'd like to find out which bitrate from my list is most frequently used, so I thought it would be nicely done via shell i.e. shell script.



I would lose too much time if I typed



file "song 1.mp3"; file "song 2.mp3"; ... ; file "song 349.mp3"



So, my question is :



Can we pass arguments line by line from some text file to shell function?
An additional problem is that my song names contain spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...