Thursday, December 26, 2019

updates - How to resolve "No suitable download server found" when updating?




I am a new user to Ubuntu 12.04. I have already connected to the Internet (without any firewall or proxy) and can browse the web. But whenever I am trying to update Ubuntu or trying to select the mirror for my location (Singapore) it just gives this error:




NO SUITABLE DOWNLOAD SERVER FOUND. PLEASE CHECK YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION.




What can I do to fix this?



To update by terminal ,open Terminal by ctrl+alt+T

Type



 sudo apt-get update


It will ask password, give password.
Packages will be automatically updated.



To Update by Synaptic




open synamptic , Click on reload.... It will show you list of packages that are available in new version. So are newbie to ubuntu, install synaptic by



Open Terminal,
type
sudo apt-get install synaptic


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...