Friday, December 13, 2019

64 bit - How do you know if you can add 64 bit version of Lubuntu?



NOOB alert-



I have an HP/Compaq nc6120 laptop. I just added the 32 bit version of Lubuntu, however I wondered what would tell me if I could use the 64 bit version? Here are my PC Specs





  • Computer:




    • Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.86GHz

    • Memory : 2056MB (441MB used)

    • Operating System : Ubuntu 13.10


  • Display:





    • Resolution : 1400x1050 pixels




I understand that PCs older than 2007 do not likely use 64 bit, but I'm not sure how old this laptop is.



Thanks for your help
Mike



Intel Pentium M is a family of 32-bit processors, see Pentium M on Wikipedia.




So you cannot install Lubuntu 64-bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...