Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Backup tools for backup Linux and Windows systems with encryption

Deja Dup doesn't support full system encryption, only home directory.
rsync - I should make the backup, then archive the folder and then encrypt it. It's too long.
tar archive of the system - I should make tar, and then encrypt the archive. It's too long.
encrypt the external hard drive with cryptsetup and then put tar archive of the system there or use rsync - I can't use the standard Windows utility to make the backup because it requires ntfs.
Am I right? What would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...