Sunday, December 15, 2019

system installation - Install ubuntu 14.04 with pxe using local repository

I want to install Ubuntu 14.04 amd64 server from local repository.



I created a local mirror repository with apt-mirror.
The line in /etc/apt/mirror.list is :



deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu trusty main restricted universe multiverse


It downloaded about 60G and finished OK.

Install failed with the error :



"ubuntu/dist/trusty/restricted/debian-installer/binary-amd64/Packages.gz " ERROR 404 Not Found.


I found that directory ubuntu/dist/trusty/restricted/ contains only binary-amd64 and i18n directories



I copied the file debian-installer/binary-amd64/Packages.gz from Ubuntu site , but then it failed with a lot of other files missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...