Friday, December 13, 2019

unity - How to fix LibreOffice 3.5 to start from launcher icon?

Recently I installed LibreOffice 3.5 from debs (including the ones for desktop integration. Since then it behaves in a weird manner. Basically it won't launch from launcher shortcuts. Example:




  • dash > libreoffice launched (launcher shows with 2 seconds delay) > 'keep in launcher'

  • LO closed

  • the LO icon on the launcher clicked > pulsating for 5 seconds, then stops > LO didn't launch


  • I didn't look for open processes or anything and...

  • dash > libreoffice launched immediately without problems



It also didn't remember recently opened items, but now it got fixed somehow.



Other symptoms:
- icon on the launcher and all menu categories appear with a delay of few seconds
- two writer icons appear on the launcher



What I did:






I don't know if it is related but I use Unity test PPA:vanvugt/unity which I needed to solve the stuttering windows bug.



Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...