Friday, December 27, 2019

customization - How do I remove any Ubuntu brand and trademark from my Ubuntu install?

I am running Ubuntu 17.10 and I would like to build a completely de-branded ISO of it. This means not just dropping the Ubuntu name from /etc/lsb_release but also deleting references in the text of the installation program, in the "about this computer" screen and so on.


I've already checked other questions but I do not consider them duplicate because:


Therefore my questions are:



  • Starting from a stock Ubuntu 17.10 (or an official derivative), how can I remove references to the Ubuntu trademark and logo?

  • What exact packages do I need to uninstall?

  • Are there images I need to replace? Are there files I need to edit other than /etc/lsb_release?


Please note that I am not interested in removing other names such as Firefox. I am only interested in the name of the distro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...