Thursday, December 12, 2019

gnome - How to get a Japanese spell-checker?

For all the other languages I have installed, a spell-checker is also installed for my various applications, most importantly probably Firefox. The spell-checkers usually come with the language packs, but can also be added manually in Firefox in the dictionaries list.



However for Japanese there is no such spell-checker seemingly anywhere. Now I understand that this is probably because it is hard to spell-check Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji together, but still it should be possible as it is with any other language. So I am wondering if there is a Japanese spell-checker I can install for at least Firefox? Though if it worked system-wide for other applications that would be good too.




I am running Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 with GNOME 3.20 and Firefox 48.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...