Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Remove GRUB and keep Windows Boot Loader

There are similar questions to this but I'd like to ask specifically in the context of my issue. I have on two different partitions of the same SSD an installation of Windows 10, and an installation of Ubuntu 16.04. By default when I turn on my computer it goes to the nice blue windows boot screen that gives me the option to boot in Windows 10 or Linux. I created this using EasyBCD, and this is what I want. However, if I select Linux there is a small annoyance where it goes to GRUB and asks me again if I want to boot to Ubuntu or Windows 10. I would like not to see this screen, and I know that to do this I can just hide GRUB. But is there a way to completely remove GRUB just for organization/space considerations and rely entirely on the windows booter to boot Linux Ubuntu?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...