Monday, December 9, 2019

partitioning - NO EFI Partition system found during Ubuntu installation with Windows in dual boot mode

I have Windows 10 installed on my system and I am trying to install Ubuntu 18.04.2 along with windows 10 in dual boot mode. I have a single HDD, and since my C: didn't had as much space as 20GB, hence I had allocated space for Ubuntu by partitioning from E: (E: is also a primary partition in my system). I am installing using USB flash drive
During installation of Ubuntu, it didn't detect windows and I went ahead with something else option, and I selected my partition, and also specified the mount point as /, with use as option ext4. However in next step I'm getting an error saying No EFI System partition was found
My Windows always runs using Bios, and not using Uefi. If windows is not using Uefi i do not know why i am getting this error. Please provide some help regarding this error, it's causes and tentative solutions. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...