Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Remove APT repositories disabled after upgrade to 18.04




After upgrade from 16.04 to 18.04 there are different APT repositories disabled.



I see this via app "Stacer".



I can't delete this, and I can't find this when I check in folder:



ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d



So I am not sure how to delete.




I found also from google chrome, even if I never installed it.. pretty strange?



Check this:



enter image description here
The other question suggest to remove from Softare center, but in 18.04 I can't find it. And from source.list directory, the disabled APT is not there.







  • Use the Dash or Show Applications:



enter image description here




  • Alternately open Ubuntu Software and then Menu > Software & Update

  • Alternately open a terminal and enter software-properties-gtk




Go to the tab Other Softeware.



The Repositories that are Uncheked are disabled.



Then either Edit... to enable (Chrome, for example) or Remove (others you don't need).





Some of the disabled repositories may have "xenial" in the text. You will need to replace "xenial" with "bionic" before you enable them so that they point to the right repository version.




Hope this helps


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...