Friday, December 30, 2016

dual boot - Common protected (Encrypted) partition for both Windows and Ubuntu

I have installed Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04 on my hard drive (Dual Boot). I like to have a common encrypted partition which will be available for both Windows and Ubuntu.


When I was using Windows as my only Operating System, I used BitLocker for this. Since now I'm using both Windows & Ubuntu, I cannot use BitLocker because BitLocker doesn't support Ubuntu.


So, What is the best way to have a common encrypted partition?
In addition, are there any partition formats/types (fat32, NTFS, etc.) specially designed for encryption?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...