Monday, December 26, 2016

debugging - How can I debug my wireless problem?

How can I get started with debugging my wireless problem?



  • How can I tell whether or not Linux has recognized my wireless hardware at all?

  • What are the main programs/daemons associated with wireless connectivity?

  • Where are the log files for those programs?

  • Do those programs have debug modes that I can access?

  • How can I tell whether a bug is in a userspace program or in a driver?


Edit: This was originally a more complex question with other inquiries about wireless driver hacking and debugging. I have removed those bullet points and plan to create another question to cover them, possibly on Unix & Linux SE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...