Saturday, December 17, 2016

bittorrent - Is the Ubuntu direct download exactly the same as the torrent?



Is the default download of ubuntu-11.10-desktop-i386.iso identical to the torrent ubuntu-11.10-desktop-i386.iso.torrent?




I'm asking because am finding the direct download 25% faster, but would be happy to seed back to people if I can simply place that file over my only slightly started torrent and then verify the data?



Yes, no matter where you download it (so long as it's an official source) the ISO will be the same.



You can check the hash to make sure the download is correct:




No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...