Wednesday, December 14, 2016

How to install ATI Radeon Graphic drivers on Ubuntu 14.04?

I have recently updates my 5 yrs old HP dv5 AMD laptop to Ubuntu 14.04, all good so far just that I am not able to grasp the right process to install drivers for the ATI Radeon card provided in this laptop.


Though I am happy with the current graphics on the monitor just that I am not able to change the resolution setting, default I am getting below options:


"1280 x 800" and below, nothing over it.


I am new to Ubuntu/Linux so how should I install the correct drivers to allow me to get the correct resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...