Tuesday, December 27, 2016

wine - Measure FPS of the game

I'd like to find an analogue of Fraps or any other fps counter on Ubuntu 12.10.



After some googling I found 2 solutions:





  1. To use Mumble (I found it from this discussion). This solution didn't work for me because after launching the game:



    mumble-overlay game


    I got this error:



    game: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/mumble/libmumble.so.1: undefined symbol: glPopClientAttrib



    And I didn't find any fix of this error in the WEB.


  2. To use WINEDEBUG=fps with osd_cat. It works only with wine (only Windows games). Found from reading this discussion and this article. It shows FPS during play but the output is definitely wrong - 0.15-0.18 fps. And it doesn't matter if game really runs slow or fast - the result is always the same.




Does anyone know how to fix these errors? Or are there any other solutions? Thanks for the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...