Monday, December 19, 2016

drivers - Problem installing ubuntu with nvidia geforce gfx 850



I have problems installing Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 15.04



Sometimes I got installed Ubuntu (dont know why, after trying a lot of times) but the system crashes suddenly when I'm working



I got this error on the ubuntu installation




kernel: [    6.152654] nouveau E[   PFIFO][0000:01:00.0] SCHED_ERROR [UNK06 ]


I also try to install fedora, and redhat... but it seems that theres an incompatibility with my video card (Nvidia Geforce 850M)



After install Ubuntu with the default video card driver nouveau.I tried to install the nvidia-352 but it causes that my computer crashes, then when I reboot I got a blank screen...



Generally it is recommended to use the NVIDIA drivers from the Ubuntu repositories.
But as you are experiencing issues - you can install the latest official NVIDIA drivers.
These drivers already are in the Ubuntu 16.04 (to be released in April) repositories.
Please note that Ubuntu 15.04 is not supported anymore, so install Ubuntu 14.04.



Install Ubuntu and the drivers this way - boot from Ubuntu installation media.




Select Try Ubuntu without installing and press the E key.
Add nouveau.modeset=0 to the end of the linux line and press F10 to boot.



On the desktop start the installation process and after it has finished reboot.



Select Ubuntu in the GRUB boot menu and press the E key.
Add nouveau.modeset=0 to the end of the linux line and press F10 to boot.



On the login screen press Ctrl+Alt+F1.
Enter your user name and the password - then execute these commands :



sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-361 nvidia-prime
sudo reboot

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...