Friday, December 23, 2016

64 bit - Ubuntu 14.04 system requirements


I have a Ubuntu 14.04 installed in partition on my laptop. The configuration is:



  • Pentium core 2 duo processor

  • 3GB RAM

  • Hard disk allocated for partition 15GB


It's an old dell inspiron 1525 laptop. I have 64 bit version installed but I feel I should have installed 32 bit one. Not sure how do I downgrade it.



Ubuntu 14.04 or Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit should run OK on your hardware, so there is no point in reinstalling a 32-bit operating system on your Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop. For more information about system requirements see the accepted answer to How do I find out which version and derivative of Ubuntu is right for my hardware in terms of minimal system requirements?.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...