Saturday, December 17, 2016

Update ubuntu phone from Nexus 4 directly

im using the ubuntu touch/phone on my new nexus 4 (ordered it to try ubuntu on it).
I was asking myself how i can update the phone with daily builds.



I know about the http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch/daily-preinstalled/ preinstalled images but also saw that on my phone, if i go to settings/updates/ show me that there is an update available.
If i try this, it says "you can update from version 0 to version 201..." and its about 250MB of download size, after a few minutes ubuntu tell me to reboot my phone. If i accept that i found myself in the bootloader. If i reboot from here the phone is not updated. If i search again for updates (settings/updates/) the same update shows up.



Is the build in update function only a dummy? Or am i doing wrong here? Do i have to choose another option in the bootloader to install the latest updates?




Or is an update only possible from the shell with the andriod device bridge (ADB)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...