Tuesday, December 20, 2016

installation - Ubuntu installer not seeing free space on hard disk (dual boot)

I'm trying to install Ubuntu (12.10) on a laptop on a 240 GB Intel SSD drive already containing a Windows 7 installation. I have the disk partitioned as follows:




  1. 1500 MB, NTFS, system partition, something that the laptop came with

  2. 198 GB, NTFS, Windows installation partition




These partitions are followed by 23 GB of free space.



The Ubuntu installer, however, is not seeing the free space. Instead what I get in the Installation type dialog, is the following:
Partitions aren't shown exactly as they are



I've already tried creating an unformatted primary partition in the free space (using Windows, obviously) but doing that didn't change the situation in any way.



Should I alter the partitions in some way in order to make the free space accessible to the Ubuntu installer or am I missing something else here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...