Saturday, December 31, 2016

dual boot - grub2 installation fails for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

I have been trying to install Ubuntu 16.04 on my Lenovo Ideapad500-15isk alongside windows 7 using a usb live disc.




I have kept 8200MB of swap space



and 20482MB of mount point /



and around 390 GB of space with mount point /home.



I downloaded the 64 bit ISO file from http://releases.ubuntu.com/16.04/ and used rufus as well as the Startup disc creator in Ubuntu to create the live disc.



But the Ubuntu Installation fails to load grub 2 every time. What could have possibly gone wrong?




Also since I'm already using a 64bit windowsi doubt that is the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...