Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Suspend problems Dell XPS 15 - Ubuntu 13.04

I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop with an external display through the mini-displayport, and I am completely unable to get the suspend functionality working correctly with Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail.



With any of the 3.8 kernels, suspending the computer seems to work correctly for about a half second, and then the fan starts up to full blast, and the activity light stays on (instead of the slow blink that indicates sleep mode).



With 3.9, I can initiate suspend correctly, but the laptop only displays a blank screen upon resume.



The 3.10 kernel suspends and resumes correctly except for the mini-displayport crashing. My external monitor goes into power saving mode after the computer wakes up from suspend and stays that way until I restart the computer, even after restarting lightdm.




3.11 encounters other errors when resuming.



This is getting extremely frustrating. Any help or insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...