Monday, December 26, 2016

drivers - Trouble installing Ubuntu 16.04 since I got GTX 1070

I was running ubuntu with windows, and once I got my GTX 1070, and installed the nvidia drivers on windows it caused Ubuntu to go black screen whenever I would load it from grub. Additionally my asus monitor has a box that says "out of range" whenever I tried to run Ubuntu with the black screen. When I ran ubuntu it would be the black screen with the box that says "out of range", but I could still hear it going to the login screen.



I erased my SSD and reinstalled windows with the nvidia drivers and now when I try to install ubuntu it loads up from my usb, and it turns black once at the install screen. I have never had this problem until I got the GTX 1070. Does anyone know how to fix this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...