Saturday, December 17, 2016

Unable to boot into Ubuntu Live USB, boot priority ignored



I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 with the intention of dual booting Ubuntu.



Unfortunately, I am now unable to boot using the Live USB. I recreated the USB using the Universal Usb Installer (v15.10)




In BIOS, I go in and set the boot priority to UEFI: <name of usb manufactruer>
but then, it just boots into Windows.



My bios is:



BIOS: Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1301, 12/20/2013
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CP @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8


I have an ASUS Mobo, if that helps. I was able to boot into USB prior to installing Windows, so inclined to believe that the win install changed some BIOS setting.




Fast startup, Hibernate and Sleep are all checked off in the Power settings.



In Windows 10 u will have an option called Advanced Start-up using which u can boot through the USB.Go to Advanced Start-up option n restart your PC and choose the Device with USB which has Ubuntu.U must be able to do it.Or In case it still has Ubuntu left behind,u might need to fix the Bootrec.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can&#39;t boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...