Sunday, December 11, 2016

wireless - iwconfig usage for WEP access point?

I would like to use my wifi doggle in my pc (ubuntu 12.04). I am able to connect to my access point through the GUI. I would like to do the same in the terminal.




My access point uses WEP. So I typed the following commands



iwconfig wlan0 mode managed key 6d6f6e6579
iwconfig wlan0 essid "AccessPoint"
dhclient wlan0


after typing dhclient wlan0 it waits like 1-2 min then outputs nothing and cannot connect to the Access Point.



iwconfig output:




wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:"AccessPoint"
Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=20 dBm
Retry long timit:7 RTS thr=2347 B Fragment thr:off
Encryption key:6D6F-6E65-79
Power Management:off


I would appreciate any suggestion

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...