Thursday, December 8, 2016

live usb - Saving files to a bootable USB stick

Following the instructions at tutorials.ubuntu.com I created a bootable USB stick running Ubuntu 16.04.4. It boots and runs Ubuntu fine but I can't save any files. I made a few test files and saved them to Documents. But the next time I booted from the stick the files were not there. It was like the first time the stick had been used. Also the network settings such as Wifi network and password were not saved. Is there a way save files and setting changes to a USB stick? Or do I have to be using regular HD? Thnaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...