Thursday, December 8, 2016

grub2 - How to remove Windows from Grub menu?

My setup is GnomeShell Remix 12.04 and Windows 7 dual boot. Now everything works fine, however, I rarely ever boot Windows and I would like to remove the Windows entry from my Grub menu completely and remove the recovery and memtest as well. That way, I hit power, wait a few seconds and I have my login screen, but if I ever get the urge to play simcity, or WOW, or anything else that runs better in Windows 7, then I insert USB, reboot, select Windows 7 and away I go.



Is this at all possible; I'm sure it must be, but I'm just not sure how to go about it. I'm ok with terminal, so I'm not scared to have a go, so any help/advice would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...