Friday, December 2, 2016

Ubuntu 18.04 after installing NVIDIA graphics drivers still getting lag

I have a GTX 750 ti and I'm using Ubuntu 18.04. I have never had problems before with graphics drivers not working well. So before I installed drivers, I was getting massive amounts of screen tearing and lag. Afterwards, I still notice a lot of lag in animations (clicking "Show Applications", maximizing windows, minimizing windows, etc.) and sometimes when moving windows around or resizing them. When scrolling through web pages on browsers it will lag and I notice screen tearing. I have tried installing many different drivers, including the nvidia-375 and nvidia-384 drivers that are in the default Ubuntu repository. I also tried using drivers from the Graphics Drivers repo (https://launchpad.net/~graphics-drivers/+archive/ubuntu/ppa). No matter what I do, it never gets rid of lag in the animations or screen tearing within browsers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...