Thursday, December 8, 2016

How do I make a custom Ubuntu ISO for fully offline installations?

I am based in India and we don't have reliable Internet everywhere. I would like to build an Ubuntu installer ISO with the following features:




  • All proprietary drivers should be available offline

  • At least one complete language pack (say, English/USA) should be available offline

  • Certain extra packages

  • And finally, things like flashinstaller or Chrome, which download data from the web while installing, should also work.




How do I go about building something like this?
-

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...